for each 1 year
WhoisGuard Domain ID protection
[icon_bar icon=”icon-check” link=”#” target=”” size=”small ” social=”facebook”] Protect your name and address registered with your domain
Use WhoisGuard to protect your privacy
The Whois database is accessible to anyone on the internet. When you register a domain, you risk exposing your name, address, email and phone number to spammers, marketing firms and online fraudsters. WhoisGuard was designed for domain owners. With this service in place, your confidential information is no longer available for public consumption. It’s the best global domain privacy option you’ll find anywhere, guaranteed.
- Protect Name and address from unwanted search
- We place our information in public whois so that your information is not available to spammers.
To make the certificate issuance process faster, you need to ensure that you have correct contact information on Whois for your domain. You also need to have a CSR generated on your web server for your domain name.
- WhoisGuard subscription is provided by WhoisGuard pursuant to its Services Agreement with My Digital Squad a reseller. Terms and conditions apply. Due to registry restrictions, WhoisGuard cannot be used with .asia, .bz, .ca, .cn, .uk, .co.uk, .de, .eu, .in, .me.uk, .nu, .li, .ch, .fr, .sg, .com.sg, .org.uk, .us, .es, .com.es, .nom.es, .org.es, .com.au, .net.au, .nyc or .org.au domains. Please note that WhoisGuard subscription expiration is based on purchase date rather than activation date. Visit the WhoisGuard website for details
- WhoisGuard subscriptions can be used on domains registered with My Digital Squad Host only.
- Remember to turn off WhoisGuard before transferring your domain to another registrar, as they will need your information at the time of transfer.
Contact Info Shield
WhoisGuard service information is displayed in the publicly accessible Whois database, taking the place of your name, postal address, phone number, and fax number. Your personal information remains private. This means you’re safe from telemarketers, unsolicited phone calls, junk mail and identity theft.
WhoisGuard replaces your email address in the Whois database with a unique “firstname.lastname@example.org” address. Every email sent to this address is filtered and then forwarded to an email address of your choice, drastically reducing the amount of spam in your inbox, while ensuring you receive legitimate communication.
Update your settings any time you want. It’s easy to enable and disable WhoisGuard, or modify your custom email preferences, all from within one simple control panel.
F. A. Q
What can WhoisGuard do for me?
WhoisGuard replaces your name and contact information in the public Whois. This protects your private information from being mined and used for other purposes, such as identity theft or unsolicited marketing.
Can I disable WhoisGuard if I need to?
In case you want your contact information to be listed in public Whois for some reason, you can disable WhoisGuard and enable it when you want, using our control panel.
What about emails sent to the Whois?
Consider it handled. This service replaces your email address with a unique WhoisGuard email address. Your “email@example.com” email address receives your email, filters it for spam and then forwards it on to an email address of your choice.
Is there an email auto-change option?
Yes. As an additional security measure against spamming, your WhoisGuard email address can be configured to change automatically at regular intervals. This means that if your unique email address does end up on a marketing list, the details they have are only valid for a very short time.